VITEEE Admission notification-2016
Updated : 28/11/2015
VITEEE-2016 Admission notification
Every year Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) conducts the entrance examination for admissions to the Bachelor of engineering and Bachelor of technology. For admissions to the 2016, the institute will be conducting the Computer Based Test (CBT) between 6th to 17thApril 2016.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1994 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) are eligible.
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education and 'NIOS' candidates are eligible to apply.
- The examination will be of Computer based (CBT) and all the questions will be in Multiple Choice (MCQ).
- There will be no Negative marking for wrong answers.
- There will be two options to attempt the paper either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCB) and the pattern details are given below,
PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)/ PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- 120 questions (Each 40 questions)
- English 5 questions
Exam timings (IST)
The examination will be conducted in 3 session’s,
SESSION 1: 9:00 A.M TO 11:30 A.M /SESSION 2: 12:30 P.M TO 3:00 P.M
/SESSION 3: 4:00 P.M TO 6:30 P.M
How to apply Online
1. Go to the official website www.vit.ac.in.
2. Click on the ‘Apply now’ link.
3. Go to the ‘How to apply section’ and click on the online.
on the 'Apply now' button located at the bottom of the page and fill all the details.
Application Fee of Rs.960/- should be paid through Net banking / Debit card /
Credit card / And Demand Draft Mode
Documents required for applying online
Scanned copy of recently taken passport size color photograph of size 50kb - 100kb,
(Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) in JPG / JPEG format
Scanned copy of signature of the Candidate of size 20kb - 50kb
(Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm) in JPG / JPEG format
Issue of Application Forms
27th November 2015
Last Date for issue of Application Forms
29th February 2016
Exam Dates [CBT]
6th to 17th April 2016
Declaration of Results (Tentative)
29th April 2016